The Ivymount School
for OutRreach in Education (CORE) was established
in 1995 to serve as a resource for comprehensive training and educational services
to professionals and parents of children with a variety of special needs.
Center for OutReach
in Education (CORE)
include professional and parent conferences and workshops, and consultation
to non-special education schools and daycare centers on classroom management
There is an increased
presence of young children in regular pre-school and elementary schools and
daycare settings who need special support. Often these children are not experiencing
success either because their "special needs" have not been identified
or staff might need additional training to meet those needs.
and family training services are intended to help teachers, daycare providers,
and parents identify children who might be "at risk" for learning
and to provide training to staff and parents so that these children can be successful
in their educational and home environments.
CORE SERVICES INCLUDE:
- In-service staff training and workshops
- Individual student observation with staff/parent consultation including
written report with specific strategies and recommendations.
- Family training workshops
- In-home observation and consultation
IS APPROVED BY MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES AS A CERTIFIED TRAINER
FOR CHILD CARE PROVIDERS: #G96072301
SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY IVYMOUNT PROFESSIONAL STAFF INCLUDING:
- Special Education Teachers
- Occupational and Physical Therapists
- Speech and Language Pathologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Infant and Toddler Specialists
- Behavior Management Specialist
- Reading Specialist